DQ Fun Facts
- International Dairy Queen Inc. (IDQ) is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation (ADQ).
- IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
- IDQ and its subsidiary companies (IDQ Companies) employ approximately 500 employees worldwide.
- IDQ has three Franchisee Support Centers. They are located in Bloomington, MN (Normandale Lake Office Park); Burlington, Ontario; and in Singapore.
- IDQ Companies have two DQ Grill & Chill® restaurants that are corporately owned and operated. These restaurants are in Edina and Richfield, Minn.
- The largest Dairy Queen® franchisee has more than 620 restaurants.
- There are more than 7,000 Dairy Queen® restaurants in over 24 countries.
- The most popular selling Blizzard® Treat of all time is the Oreo® Blizzard® Treat.
- In China, the Green Tea Blizzard Treat is the #1 seller.